11.12.2014

Corriendo Dentro de Una Persona




When I run into a person or a kid that comes up and gives me the spiel about, “Hey, I got your record at this time in my life, and it really helped me,” that stuff totally still rings true. If you’re standing there talking to someone, it’s really easy to tell if they’re being authentic or not. And that’s great. That’s the reason to share music. Art is essentially communication. It doesn’t exist in a vacuum. That’s why people make art, so other people can relate to it. That’s just part of the deal. But from where I’m standing, putting it out there, I’m kind of shooting it down this wire, and I have no idea who’s on the other side of it. I just hope that it gets to them intact, and that maybe someone, somewhere, it makes them feel better, or makes them feel something. That’s as much as I can do, I guess. And beyond that, it’s like, try to have fun and do things that I’m interested in, and that sound cool to me. And maybe people will relate to it.

Conor Oberst

No hay comentarios.: